Miele. Built to last.
Why Miele’s Heat Pump Tumble Dryers
Miele Heat Pump Tumble Dryers are vigorously tested to last the equivalent of 20 years use.
All Miele Heat Pump Tumble Dryers achieve at least energy efficiency class A++ rating, This is made possible thanks to Miele EcoDry technology which guarantees long-term low energy consumption and short drying times.
Miele Heat Pump Tumble Dryers dry your laundry especially economically, but the low temperatures of the heat-pump technology also protect the high-quality fibres of your laundry, this allows you to dry delicate textiles with convenience.
Heat Pump Dryers
Discover Miele’s Heat Pump Tumble Dryers, with even more convenience features and innovations. Our exclusive HoneyCombDrum that protects your laundry throughout it’s life, Miele EcoDry technology guarantees long-term low energy consumption and short drying times and added programmes such as PerfectDry which ensures your laundry is not under-or over-dried.
Heat-pump dryers are known for energy efficiency, saving up to 60% in consumption. Unlike condenser dryers, the heat generated is reused and low temperatures protect the high-quality fibers in the most delicate fabrics.
Shorter drying times
Miele EcoDry technology guarantees long-term low energy consumption and short drying times. Thanks to the effective interaction between the patented Miele filtration system and the maintenance-free heat exchanger, fluff cannot clog up the heat exchanger, which would otherwise cause blockages and reduce power output over time. With EcoDry, Miele heat-pump dryers constantly work economically – over the entire life of the appliance.
Perfectly dry clothes
With this system, your laundry dries perfectly – even if the water contains significant amounts of calcium. This is by no means the norm on machines without PerfectDry as the calcium content in the water influences residual moisture sensing – in turn impacting on drying results. PerfectDry takes the current calcium content of water into account and precisely adjusts the drying process, ensuring that the selected drying level is always achieved.
Gentle care for your clothes
The smooth honeycomb drum is gentle: it allows laundry to glide lightly, preventing pilling and laddering. This protects the fibres of different fabric types, helping your clothes stay soft and in shape for longer.
Domestic appliance networking with Miele@home
With our innovative Miele@home system, you can exploit the full potential of your Miele appliances and make your everyday life even smarter. All intelligent Miele domestic appliances can be networked conveniently and securely. Operation is simple – whether you use the Miele app, voice control or integration into existing Smart Home solutions. The appliances are networked via a home WiFi router and the Miele Cloud.
Finding your perfect dryer
Tumble Dryer buying guide
If you need help choosing the best Tumble Dryer for your needs, why not try our helpful buying guide.
Tumble Dryer FAQ
If you want to buy a tumble dryer, you can choose from different types: a heat pump dryer, exhaust air dryer or condenser dryer. Of course, they all dry your laundry, but which type suits you best? Below you will find an overview of the differences.
Heat pump dryer
Energy-efficient: the laundry is dried using recycled heat. Consumes up to 50% less energy than a condenser dryer.
Good for your laundry: works with a heat pump and a coolant, which ensures a low drying temperature. This keeps your laundry beautiful for longer.
Doesn't dry very quickly: due to the low temperature, your laundry dries less quickly than with a condensation or exhaust dryer. On the other hand, this dryer is much more energy efficient!
Not energy efficient: compared to an A+++ heat pump dryer, a condenser dryer dries a lot less efficiently. Cheaper to buy, but more expensive in energy costs.
Bad(er) for your laundry: due to the high temperature, your clothes will not stay beautiful for a long time and you have a greater chance of shrinking or wear.
Dries quickly: by drying with a heating element, the drying time is up to 30 minutes shorter than with a heat pump dryer.
Water drainage via condensation tray: the moisture in the clothing is condensed, after which the water is collected in a special condensation tray and is discharged. You can empty these yourself. Note: do this on time, otherwise you run the risk of the tank overflowing!
Exhaust air dryer
Not energy efficient: because this dryer dries in a short time, it is a real energy guzzler!
Dries quickly: an exhaust dryer dries your laundry in a relatively short time.
Exhaust air required: The moist air is exhausted to the outside via an exhaust hose. So you can only buy this type if you also have an option to let the hose go outside.
When purchasing, also pay attention to the amount of noise that a dryer produces. Some tumble dryers make quite a bit of noise! If the device is near your living room or bedroom, choose a type with a low noise level. You can see this on the energy label and it is indicated in decibels (dB). A quiet dryer produces up to 64dB, a normal one about 65-66dB and a noisy one 76dB or even more.
How many people does your household consist of? The more people, the more laundry and therefore the more laundry your dryer must be able to handle. Therefore, also look at the filling weight, the number of kilograms of dry cotton that can be placed in your tumble dryer. Often this is 7, 8 or 9 kg. But an appliance that is too large is also not good, because your laundry dries best in a full drum.
Have you bought a dryer, and do you want to place and install it? Then keep the following points in mind:
- Always place the dryer on a stable surface and level to limit vibrations and extra noise. If you place the dryer on your washing machine, you can use a special intermediate piece, also known as a stacking kit. That way, your dryer is stable.
- Do not place anything in front of the hot air outlet grille.
- Do not place anything in front of the air supply opening.
- Make sure there is enough space between the bottom of the dryer and the floor for the heat to dissipate.
- Place the dryer in a clean place where there is not too much dust.
- Do not place the dryer in an unheated room. The dryer works best in an ambient temperature of 20ᴼC.
- The direction of rotation of the door. It is of course best to view this when purchasing, because the direction of rotation is not always adjustable. In most cases, the door opens to the right. If you place your dryer on top of your washing machine, it is useful if both doors open to the same side. Make sure that the door can always move freely!
- Do you have an exhaust dryer? Then make sure that there is an opening in the room to the outside to drain the air.
- In any case, it is important with every type of dryer that the room in which the appliance is located sufficiently ventilated.
- Condenser dryers collect the released condensate in a condensation tray, but sometimes they still emit moist air. This can cause mold. It is therefore important that the dryer is located in a well-ventilated area.
- If you have a condensation or heat pump dryer with water drain, you can connect the drain to the siphon of the washbasin or, if there is no washbasin, to the drain of the washing machine. If you hang the drain hose loose in a sink, make sure that it cannot slip. Of course, you don't want water damage!
1. Patent: EP 2 107 155
2. Additional digital offer from Miele & Cie. KG. All smart applications are made possible with the Miele@home system. The range of functions can vary depending on the model and the country.