A Miele 10 year warranty doesn't just cover the motor,
it covers all parts and labour costs.
A Miele warranty covers all parts and labour (including call out charges) and if you call usout and we can’t repair your machine,
we’ll give you a brand new one, absolutely free*.
If you purchase any Miele washing machine that does not come with a free promotional 10 year warranty,
you can extend our full parts and labour cover to 10 years for just £149.(You can even spread your payments over 12 months if you wish)
To claim your free warranty and extend to 10 years, simply call:
0845 650 9306
Lines are open 8am to 8pm every day, calls are charged at local rate.
* Conditions and exclusions apply to the extended warranty. See Terms & Conditions
below for more information on how to access these.
Terms and Conditions of offer
- Prices are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change without prior notice.
- Miele withholds the right to withdraw the offer at any time and without prior notice.
- Claims for promotional warranties must be made within three months of purchase date. Claims cannot be accepted after this date.
- A separate claim must be completed for each purchase.
- Please allow 28 days from receipt of applications.
- Warranty conditions and exclusions apply – see below.
The Miele Service Certificate provides you with maximum service protection and peace of mind for an additional 8 years after the standard 2 year guarantee has expired. If your appliance is purchased with a promotional 5 year warranty, this cover will provide the above protection for a further 5 years after the standard 2 year guarantee and the additional 3 years promotional cover has expired.
A total of 10 years peace of mind, only from Miele.
To claim your free warranty and extend to 10 years, please call 0845 650 9306
You will receive your Miele Service Certificate within 28 days. Please note you do not need to register for your 2 year guarantee or your promotional cover as well.
Miele Service Certificate Terms and conditions
The following terms of contract apply
Duration and start of cover by the Miele Service Certificate
- Miele Great Britain grants a two year guarantee from the date of purchase of the appliance. With the Miele Service Certificate, Miele Great Britain covers the cost of repairs for a further three (3) or eight (8) years immediately after the guarantee period. The validity period is shown on the front of the certificate.
- Repair of the machine or the provision of spare parts does not extend the period of the contract.
- The machine has been purchased from an authorised specialist retailer or directly from Miele in an EU country, Switzerland or Norway.
- The certificate is only valid for one specific Miele machine in each case and is non-transferable.
- The certificate must be purchased within the machine's two year guarantee period.
- The services within the framework of the certificate will only be provided within the EU, Switzerland and Norway.
- If requested, the purchase receipt and the certificate are to be shown to the service technician.
- This warranty for new appliances is offered as an extra benefit and does not affect your statutory rights relating to the quality of any purchase or the way it was described. For further information on your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
- This warranty is governed by and in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties.
Cover and range of the Miele Service Certificate
- Machine defects will remedied free-of-charge within a reasonable period either through repair or the replacement of the affected parts. All travel costs, call-out charges, labour and spares costs will be assumed by Miele Great Britain. Exchange parts or appliances become the property of Miele Great Britain.
- Services within the framework of the certificate may only be carried out by service agents authorised by Miele Great Britain.
- If the machine is beyond economic repair, Miele Great Britain reserves the right to reimburse the customers to the appropriate current value of their machine in lieu of repair, or to provide a new model of equal value. If the current market value of the appliance is reimbursed by Miele, the certificate becomes invalid. If the machine is replaced, the remaining period of cover provided by the certificate is transferred to the new unit.
- This warranty contains our promise to repair or replace your product, subject to these conditions, and does not apply to any other claims relating to the product or our service.
- The provision of consumables and accessories is not covered by this agreement.
Limitations of the Miele Service Certificate
The Miele Service Certificate will not cover costs for repairs where a fault is due to the following:
- Improper installation, e.g. non-compliance with relevant safety regulations and written operating and installation instructions.
- Improper use and operation, such as the use of unsuitable detergents or chemicals.
- Use of the appliance in a commercial environment.
- Use that extends 10,000 operating hours or 1,000 hours for vacuum cleaners. (Not applicable to refrigeration products).
- A machine purchased in another EU member state, Switzerland or Norway may not be suitable for use or may be subject to restrictions on use on account of different technical specifications.
- External factors such as damage caused through transportation, impact and jolting, inclement environmental conditions or natural phenomena.
- Repairs or modifications not performed by service agents trained and authorised by Miele.
- Failure to use genuine Miele spare parts or accessories authorised by Miele (e.g. use of non-genuine Miele dustbags in vacuum cleaners).
- Glass breakage and defective bulbs.
- Replacement parts subject to wear and tear or parts which should be maintained and cleaned by the customer as indicated in the operating instructions (e.g. filters or the Hybrid Vacuum Cleaner battery).
- Accidental damage (e.g. torn washing machine door seal).
- Visual blemishes such as marks and dents.
- Fluctuations in power supply conditions which exceed the tolerances stated by the manufacturer.
- Failure to perform cleaning and care work in compliance with the operating instructions.
Personal data will only be used for the purpose of fulfilling commitments regarding the contract and in full compliance with data protection legislation.
Right of withdrawal
This contract can be revoked in writing (e.g. letter or email) within 2 weeks, without stating reasons. We are unable to provide a refund if repairs have already been made. The period commences with receipt of this notification at the earliest. The submission date is sufficient to comply with the deadline. The notice of cancellation must be addressed to:
In the event of withdrawal from the contract, the original certificate should be sent to the above address.
Customer Contact Centre
Customers are asked to call Miele After Sales Customer Support for technical advice on solving problems and, if necessary, to arrange a suitable time for a service visit. The Miele After Sales Customer Support team can be contacted on the following Service number 0845 365 6600. Calls are charged at local rates. Visit www.miele.co.uk for opening hours