Miele Quality Tested
Miele does not compromise on quality: not only is it intrinsic within the design and build, we also undertake comprehensive testing at our refrigeration facility at our home in Gütersloh, Germany.
- Compressors are tested for 50,000 hours – that’s more than 17 years of average daily use
- Doors are tested for 100,000 open / close cycles – that’s 15 times a day every day for more than 18 years
- Door weight is tested to open/close weighing 68kg – that’s the equivalent of 66pints of milk
- Our appliances are tested to work up to 43°C to ensure they work in the hottest climates around the world… and in the midst of Britain’s hottest of summers!
- The glass shelves are tested to hold up to 35kg – that’s the equivalent of two-and-a-half 30lb turkeys!
- Our electronic controls ensure the internal temperature is precise to within 0.5°C
- Our freezers are designed to ensure freezing throughout the compartment, not just around the edge – meaning that each drawer is effectively its own separate freezer
- Handles are designed to open against the door frame, meaning there is less stress on the door seals themselves
- Fridges and freezers designed for side-by-side installation contain a heating element to reduce condensation on the outside
- Our appliances are built using pentane insulation which is CFC and HFC free – meaning it’s better for the environment
- The appliances are cooled using R600A refrigerant, which is more environmentally friendly than R134 refrigerant used in older models