- I have not used my gas hob for some time, and now the burner does not ignite. What can I do?
There may be air in the gas line. You can easily fix the problem: Repeat the ignition just a few times. You should also check whether the burner parts are assembled correctly and whether the burners are clean and dry. Make sure that the flame openings are free and dry.
- Why, when cooking on the induction hob is there anoise?
When cooking with induction noises such as hum or click can occur. These sounds do not suggest such a defect of the device, they have a physical cause and are dependent on material and workmanship of the saucepan.
- There is a buzzing noise when I turn my induction hob off?
Do not worry, these are not a device fault. To increase the life Miele induction hobs are equipped with a cooling fan that automatically turns on with intensive use of the device. Then a buzzing is heard after switching off the hob and the cooling fan may still continue for some time.
- The rings in my HiLight hob do not light up solid red, they are interrupted by a black bar. Are they broken?
Don’t worry, the gaps are visible indicator for the special design of the element, and they have no negative influence on the heat distribution.
- How can I avoid scratches on the glass ceramic?
- Only use pots and pans with a smooth floor. Rough pot and pan bottoms can scratch the glass
- Do not drag pots and pans across the glass top
- Keep the hob clear of salt, sugar and grains of sand
- Avoid having sugar, hot sugary foods, plastic or aluminum foil on the glass top. Should this happen, turn off the cooker immediately and scrape the dirt in the hot state with a glass scraper carefully.